11- year- old Greek actress nominated for Loggie Awards

11- year- old Greek actress nominated for Loggie Awards

Anastasia Feneri announced her acting ambitions when she was two years old, by pointing at the TV and asking: “Mummy, how do I get in there?”

Now the Mangerton girl’s talent has been recognised with a Logie nomination for her part in the ABC children’s drama My Place.

The 11- year- old is up for the most outstanding new talent award, alongside MasterChef Australia’s Matt Preston and Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities’ Anna Hutchison.

“I’ve always wanted to be on TV – I’ve always been a drama queen,” Anastasia said.

The St Therese Primary School student started drama lessons at IPAC when she was seven years old and, after four auditions, landed the role of Sofia in My Place last year.

My Place tells the story of a Sydney house over a period of 130 years, through the eyes of the children who have lived there. Anastasia said Sofia, a 10-year-old Greek girl who lived in the house in 1968, was a joy to play.

“She was a very devious character,” she said.

The young actress spent three weeks in Sydney shooting the show, and said she learned a lot from all the professionals involved, both cast and crew. She is now more determined than ever to pursue a career in acting.

Mum Zac said she was shocked, but extremely proud of her daughter’s achievements.

“I never imagined I’d even know someone who’s been nominated for a Logie, never mind my own daughter,” Mrs Feneri said.

“She’s really worked very hard and she loves what she does. As soon as the camera is on, she clicks into action.

“This is an industry-chosen award, it’s not voted on by the public so it’s quite prestigious.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου